Print Page  |  Sign In  |  Register
2018 Questions
>
>|
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
Core Repositioning 3 J. Gill Gratefully we have not experienced it and hope we won’t on my watch.
by J. Gill
Friday, December 21, 2018
Transportation Scheduling 8 J. Gill We currently have our residents call into our designated transportation line with request for transportation, residents provide their name, the destination, time of appointment and where they would like to be picked up. We require a 7 day notice (however if we have the available space in the schedule we will work in those who can’t give us as much notice & any emergencies are always accommodated). Residents can also bring their appointment cards from the doctor to our Resident Services desk and those will be given to the transportation scheduler. The transportation scheduler will then respond to the residents request with a phone call to confirm and a confirmation card with pick up time/date and destination. We also provide scheduled bus shopping trips on Tuesday and Thursday of each week, residents are given one hour to shop at a place of their choice including grocery stores or Walmart, Belk’s etc.…
by J. Gill
Monday, December 17, 2018
Technology Use & Planning 5 J. Gill We just contracted with Senior Portal, which will provide a wide selection of services to residents, which covers many of the items listed here. In addition, we have implemented campus-wide wireless technology that offers residents multiple speed options. The Senior Portal system will be accessible from any mobile device, laptops, desktops, and a central kiosk placed in our administrative building.
by T. Hively
Tuesday, December 4, 2018
Spiritual Support 23 J. Gill We have two part time chaplain positions
by J. Gill
Tuesday, November 20, 2018
Generators 15 J. Gill Do you have generators connected to any of your independent living residential units? NoIf so, are all units covered? Apartments and individual housing units? N/AFor apartment buildings: are any services within the individual apartment connected to the generator? If so, which services? NoFor individual homes or villas: Which services within the home are connected to the generator? noneAny common areas connected to the generator? If so, what is powered in those common areas by the generator? Elevators, Dining room, auditorium, admin outlets, and Emergency lighting in the hallways.Any experiences you’d like to share that have driven your decisions?
by J. Gill
Tuesday, November 13, 2018
Wellness Equipment 7 J. Gill The fitness team works together with our Physical Therapists group to educate our Residents on fall prevention. We recently had what we called a Balance Carnival. This was held in our large ballroom. Around the room we set up stations specific to balance and assessed participants. This gave everyone a clear perspective as to where they are in regards to balance.At this event we announced a new class specific to balance. This will be led by our fitness team. We will again asses everyone’s balance with a simple get up and go test and then in 5 weeks test them again. Then we will evaluate our exercises to see if they are helping folks to improve their balance.I hope this helps,
by J. Gill
Wednesday, September 26, 2018
Dog Leashes 12 J. Gill We do not have a policy regarding type of leashes that must be used.
by J. Gill
Monday, September 17, 2018
On-Site Bank 12 J. Gill Unfortunately, our onsite bank recently reduced its hours to one day a week (three hours of operation). Seems to be a growing trend….
by J. Gill
Tuesday, August 28, 2018
Pull Cord & Pendant Response 9 J. Gill Are you deploying nursing team members? If not, what team is responding? During working hours (M-F 8:30-5:00), first our maintenance supervisor is contacted, then our community nurse, then 911Is the responding team member solely assigned to the role of responder or are other duties also assigned while on duty? Maintenance supervisorDoes the responding individual notify or coordinate with the primary medical provider? No, only to determine if there is an emergency and if 911 needs to be notifiedIf an incident requires further medical attention and/or evaluation, do you provide these services on-campus? If so, what services are available? No, we notify 911.
by J. Gill
Monday, August 27, 2018
Grievance Policy 1 J. Gill Below is what is in our Residency Agreements and the supporting policy is attached. Please feel free to forward to the member CEO requesting this information. (a) Terminations by the Corporation. The Corporation may terminate this Residency Agreement at any time if: (i) there has been any material misrepresentation or omission made by the Resident on the Application Form; (i) if there is misconduct on the part of the Resident that threatens the well-being of the Resident, that of the Resident's neighbors, or employees of the Corporation.
by J. Gill
Thursday, August 16, 2018
Life Enrichment Structure 5 J. Gill How does your  community structure its  Life  Enrichment Department, if you have one?  I was hired as the  Life  Enrichment Director in June of 2017.  My  core philosophy and background knowledge are in the areas of Curriculum Instruction/Facilitation and School Administration. I have coached team members my entire career to develop new strategies and out of the box thinking. When I put together our infrastructure and communication/job role binder, I looked at the structure of Masterpiece Living’s 4 components of Successful Aging and married that with my prior knowledge regarding multi-sensory approaches to teaching and learning communities. Our community nestled in the middle of many colleges and our residents were former CEO’s and professors. We all need to keep them engaged! The areas I feel are most important our overall success include: sharing clear expectations; reviewing the interpretation of job descriptions and monitoring what I ‘d like to see change; collaboratively creating our annual goals and new evaluation tool, making team members accountable and outlining company policies; expecting 100% compliance on Relias Courses (which is our in-house and ongoing education), providing high quality materials, entertainment, and daily activities; excellent customer service, and communicating effectively to residents using differentiated avenues. Do you have  separate  Life  Enrichment teams for independent living and health services?   Pls see attachment regarding my  Life  Enrichment Dept (LE) organizational chart that covers all three levels of care.    If so, would you mind sharing your structure and  job description, as well as the  type of people that fill these roles? I have attached the LE Director’s job description.  We are still in the process of revising the other roles due to recently moving into our Healthcare Center last July and working out the kinks of the Household Model. Very holistic approach to person centered care. We do not have separate LE teams, rather individuals that specialize in these particular areas. Our employees have tenure and are seasoned professionals. My team also leads the Household Model that encompasses (Eg. Dining, Housekeeping, CNA team members) in that customized neighborhood.
by J. Gill
Thursday, August 16, 2018
Board Portal 0 R. Foor Does your community use a Board Portal to organize and communicate with your Board? What portal do you use?  What do you like about it?  What do you dislike about it. Thank you.
by R. Foor
Tuesday, August 7, 2018
Security Bike Patrol 10 J. Gill We do not currently have security on bikes. Might be too hilly here.
by J. Gill
Wednesday, August 1, 2018
Digital Marketing 8 J. Gill We currently don’t have someone dedicated to that function, however, we have recently promoted someone who I believe will likely take on some these duties and oversee communication.
by J. Gill
Tuesday, July 24, 2018
On-Campus Shuttle Service 7 J. Gill We have what is known as point to point service. We do not run a shuttle on a regular schedule but rather residents call the receptionist and request a pick up. We ask for advance notice whenever possible. It is usually the security staff that picks them up and takes them to their destination on campus.
by J. Gill
Thursday, July 19, 2018
Voluntary Termination 4 J. Gill For our voluntary terminations, the # 1 reason is just a plain “resignation” of their position. The #2 is a No Call No Show, followed at #3 by “personal reasons.” We have worked on a lot different ideas to help with CNA turnover, and other front line positions. One of the strategies we have used is to have more frequent touch points within the first year. We restructured general orientation to two parts. Day 1 they meet with Executive Director for a few minutes, at the 1 month mark they come back and meet the Executive Director again and all our department managers. This has been really beneficial to help better connect new team members and provide a more solid foundation of understanding of how our organization works with all the various positions. We also have a set calendar of checks/notes with supervisors, leadership, hr. Then at 6 months, and 1 year, new team members are invited back for a lunch to celebrate their milestone of employment and get to know them better. There is no perfect strategy but these changes have made some improvements in our turnover. If you would like more information, please let me know.
by J. Gill
Friday, July 6, 2018
Food Service Drug Testing 13 J. Gill Trinity Oaks has a separate 501 (c) (3) for fund raising purposes.
by J. Gill
Monday, June 11, 2018
Foundations for Fundraising Purposes 14 J. Gill No at Givens.
by J. Gill
Monday, June 11, 2018
Termination Reasons - Voluntary 0 O. Hope Good afternoon,  I am wondering what are the top reasons voluntary termination reasons that employees give when resigning. I am looking at overall retention strategies specifically with our CNAs. Any information you can provide will be helpful.  Thank you!
by O. Hope
Monday, May 7, 2018
Employee Child Care 31 J. Gill There is a Day Care Center on site at our LPC. We lease the building and provide some services to the company that runs the program. Our colleagues who use this Day Care Center are given a 5% discount for the services provided. The Day Care Center children often interact with our Assisted Living residents in an inter-generational activity. I have experienced no down side for this program being located on-site other than traffic from those from the community driving fast on our streets to pick up or drop off children.
by J. Gill
Monday, April 30, 2018
Sign In

Calendar

6/27/2019
PDPM Part 2: Intensive

7/3/2019
Phase 3: Next Steps for the Infection Preventionist

7/12/2019
Beans and Dreams: Successfully Navigating the Regulatory Landscape: A Former Surveyor's Perspective

7/25/2019
NC and VA Finance and Strategy Symposium

LeadingAge NC News
Featured Members