Print Page  |  Sign In  |  Register
Core Repositioning
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

12/17/2018 at 7:21:47 PM GMT
Core Repositioning

Many of us have heard a lot about the technical aspects of planning and executing a core repositioning. We may not have heard much about what communities are doing to manage the emotional side of the equation. How has your community managed communication with various stakeholders:

·         Board

·         Residents

·         Staff

·         Others

What has worked?  What didn’t work?  What do you wish you had done differently?

12/22/2018 at 12:18:02 AM GMT
We are building a large 190 unit expansion and we are renovating our community center. We are adding dining venues and wellness programs and the campus will be very different when we are done. We have been very proactive in working with residents to manage the worries residents feel about this.

I formed a group of Past Presidents of the residents association (there are 6 living, 5 in IL and 1 in AL) and I meet with them monthly to talk about ways we can communicate to the resident body and also the rumors and dinner time chit-chat they are hearing so we can address those topics. At first I was meeting with them every two weeks about now that we have created a communication plan we meet monthly. The resident body felt good that this group had been formed and was providing feedback.

I meet with the whole resident body monthly anyway, but have included a time to give them an update and give them a chance to ask questions in an effort to separate fact from rumor. I have been very open about sharing our plans, what we are doing and why we are doing it. I have a quarterly meeting with the residents dedicated solely to expansion/renovation.

I have formed a couple of other resident focus groups. Since we will be changing our dining program significantly I have a group of 8 residents that I am meeting with to seek input and feedback as we develop our venues and model. The same is true for wellness.

I feel this is time well-invested. I think while there are people that are never going to like what we are doing, we have created a sense of inclusion and openness that goes a long way to combat the “out of control” feelings that create many problems.

12/22/2018 at 12:18:52 AM GMT
Board:
1. We present written monthly reports to the board
2. Administration prepares a weekly “Construction Update” including pictures, drone videos, and weekly construction reviews. These updates are distributed to residents, future residents, and board members (note, some board members do not wish to have the weekly updates)
· Residents
1. Residents receive the same weekly Construction Update mentioned above
2. Administration meets with residents and future residents monthly for a formal information meeting, including pictures, slides, etc.
3. Administration meets with residents and future residents monthly for a no-holds-barred Question and Answer session
4. Our chaplain and IL social worker hold monthly construction frustration support group discussions (these are extremely profitable and well attended)
· Staff
1. The management team is included in the weekly construction updates, the formal resident meetings, and the Q&A sessions. Quarterly updates are provided to the front line team.

12/22/2018 at 12:19:12 AM GMT
Gratefully we have not experienced it and hope we won’t on my watch.

Sign In

Calendar

2/6/2019
Phase 3: Implementing an effective SNF Compliance & Ethics Program

3/6/2019
SNF Quali Reporting (QRP) and SNF Value Based Purchasing (VBP) Programs

4/3/2019
PDPM: Developing ICD.10 Expertise for Effective Coding of Clinical Categories & Non-Therapy

5/1/2019
Phase 3: Implementing Successful Staff Training & Competency Programs

5/6/2019 » 5/9/2019
2019 Trade Show

LeadingAge NC News
Featured Members